Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Two Questions Everyone Asks that Make me Nuts!

There're two questions that absolutely drive me NUTS.

I don't know the best, most concise & clear way to answer them.

(1) "How much advance notice do you need?"

Why do people ask that?

What kind of answer could they possibly expect?

My availability depends on my appointments; not on some arbitrary "advance notice" rule.

How am I supposed to answer that very clearly, yet very concisely...?

The second question people always ask that makes me crazy is:

(2) "Are you free next Monday?"

If my calendar is clear, I say yes.  Then they say, "Ok. I'll have to see how my calendar goes and let you know."

They never do.

Then Monday morning comes.... and they call me....

But by then, my day is booked solid!

They get all upset!

They say, "I asked you a week ago and you said you were free on Monday!"

Does that mean I will STAY free all day on Monday just for you -- even tho you didn't make an appointment???

What are the best answers to these questions?

Posted via email from Bruce's Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment