Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Own Masterpiece: The BredTech version 1 customization of Ubuntu

I'm redoing it from scratch. 

I've decided Not to go with Linux Mint.  (Mint has veered too far from Ubuntu.  It really is no longer Ubuntu entirety. No longer 100% compatible with Ubuntu.)

Instead I'll use Ubuntu 9.10

I'll install "The Comprehensive Multimedia HowTo" (from the Ubuntu Forums)...

Then, I'll install ALL the best-of-breed apps.

I'll also add lots of cool customizations like Firefox add-ons, DropBox, etc., etc. (I'm open if you have suggestions!)

Then, I'll do lots of aesthetic changes, shortcuts, menu customizations, etc.

Then, I'll remaster it as a "distro" using remastersys.

Can't wait to get version 1 done to demo for you.

You can give me loads of feedback on how I can improve it.

:)

Posted via email from Bruce's Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment