Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A New Best Practice for Personal and Business Telephone Usage for 2011

At first this might sound odd...  But think about it...

I'm in a grocery store, for example. I get a voicemail. I have to wait till I'm outside, with a good signal, and it's a quiet place, and I have privacy for my call... and time to chat... in order to return the call.

If I receive a text message or email, on the other hand, I can reply to it instantly -- literally, in seconds -- even with No Service, even in front of other people, in 2 seconds, even in the middle of a church service, if necessary.  It's just a more efficient method.  ....a new best practice. 

So...   I've decided to make all of my personal and business voicemail greetings say something very similar to this...

"Hello. Thanks for calling. This is Bruce Wagner (of BredTV).  Sorry I missed your call.  Please call me again until you reach me live.  Or, for a fast reply, please send me a text message, or an email.  Send me a text message to this same number, 646-580-0020, or an email, to bruce@bredtv.com  Thanks.  I'll speak with you soon."

....then I repeat this whole thing one more time in its entirety... to insure that they actually hear the message.

I think this is the future.  If you miss me on a live phone call... text message me to get a quick question answered, to tell me what you're calling about, or to schedule a mutually convenient time to chat on the phone... or even to schedule an in-person meeting.

Posted via email from Bruce's Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment